Restoration and New Design Painting with Julia Banker
Date: Wedensday August 3rd, 9:00 - 5:00
Location: Classroom 2
This is a class in traditional, kiln-fired stained glass painting (yes, still much the same that the great medieval artists were using for their masterpieces):
- It's for those of you who are new or fairly new to glass painting
- It's also for anyone who learned to paint a while back, and now you want a reliable method to revise the key techniques
- It’s for anyone - no previous experience needed
We will cover the basics of using permanent glass paints by Reusche to learn how to:
· Create a new painted art glass piece that can stand alone or be incorporated into future leaded/foiled work;
· Use painting to add detail to stained glass or fused panel;
· Re-create painted pieces for a restoration project.
You will learn technics of application, highlighting and shading; we’ll talk about brushes and different media, handling of paned glass and firing temperatures.
In this one-day class you all will create your sample piece (patterns provided or bring your own ideas) that will be fired overnight and ready next day.